Posted by Elaine Byrne
The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform hosted a conference on lobbying in Farmleigh recently. These presentations were made available today.
- Regulation of lobbying policy proposals.
- The presentation by Lynn Morrison, Integrity Commissioner & Lobbyists Registrar of Ontario.
- The presentation by Áine Stapleton, Department of Public Expenditure & Reform.
- Minister Brendan Howlin’s opinion piece in the Irish Times on lobbying.
Concerns from the conference centred on -
- The definition of lobbying (chapter four of the policy proposals)
- The confidentiality of legal advice in the context of lobbying
- European Union voluntary register v mandatory register
- The potential administrative burden on organisations
- Tax implications for charities
- Issues around the ‘cooling off period’.